Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One week to go

This time next week Hannah will have had her bloods done and we will be gearing up for the endoscopy. I will be so thankful to get it over with and know one way or the other. I so want everything to be ok and to return to our normal sense of denial for another year (barring scary unexplained fevers, but I have learned to live with those). A flu jab and the pointless check up at the local hospital will not do too much damage to that.

I have only admitted this to one person before, but ever since Hannah's kasai I have had a horrible irrational feeling that portal hypertension will be her downfall, if you like, that her liver will keep on coping (I feel sure Hannah's liver has exactly the same fighting spirit that she has herself) but the PH will be what causes her complications or sends her to transplant. Nothing at all to back that up, so depending on what happens in the future that feeling will either be proven to be an incredible case of mum's intuition, or more likely a ridiculous paranoia. I really want it to be debunked for at least the immediate future.

2 comments:

Elly said...

Hope your mother's intuition is all kaput this time. We're going camping tomorrow so I won't be able to check in re. Hannah's endoscopy. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible, and the results are good. Will reply re Sept when I return, but provisionally - yes! x

Liz said...

You know that i "no" EXACTLY how your feeling, thinking of you today as Hannah goes for her bloods and i have everything crossed for tomorrow....

Love to you all
Liz xxx