Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hannah is 3!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!!

When you have a child with a chronic illness, birthdays are a strange entity. A reminder of the miracle that is in front of you, a lesson that nothing in life is to be taken for granted. A time for great joy, but also a time when the fragility of life is markedly obvious.

One year ago today, I posted with the wonderful news that Hannah had made it to two years old, a milestone that she would never have reached without life saving surgery. Not only that, but she reached that milestone by hurtling full on towards it, not by stumbling along. And now, we have had another whole year of amazing and wonderful health. The future will always be uncertain, but there will never be any doubt about the blessings that we have had. Thank you God for Hannah, for everything she has taught me, for the many tears I have cried and for the many times when she has brought me sweet and unbridled joy. Thank you for my miracle, and help me not to take it for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH.

Hope you had a fantastic day.

Lots of love and kisses your NZ friends from Liver Families Sharon and Liam. xx

Liz said...

Sharon,

You have such a way with words i could of written the exact same thing myself (can i pinch it?!!)

LOL

Love to you, Andy and the girls
xxx